Follow us on social media.
Save the Date: VBS -August 7 - 11, 2023
Vacation Bible School 2022
Kids grades Pre-K through 5th grade had tons of fun August 1 - 4, 2022 with "On the Case," a themed Bible centered time of learning, stories, and activities. The children became kid detectives as they dug into a few of Jesus' parables to solve the mysteries of how to grow their faith, how to care for, serve, and love others.
Sunday School is on vacation June - August.
Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me..."
Our children are very important to us. United Methodist Church of Livonia has great programs for kids. We utilize music and creative lessons that teach Christian values and God’s love. In a safe and comfortable place where they feel welcome and loved, children have the opportunity to get connected, get involved, and to deepen their faith in Christ.
Join Us for Sunday School
Grades K-5 released from church about 9:15 after the Children's message.
Programs for K-5 plus Nursery
Sunday Morning at 9 AM
September - May
Pray-Ground - During Church
- K - Grade 5 - students join us in church for praise and the opening. After the Children's Moment, approximately 9:15, the children will be dismissed to Sunday School.
- Activity bags are available as you enter the sanctuary with many items to occupy the younger children.
- Nursery care is provided for children ages birth - preschool.
Pray-Ground - During Church
- All K - 3rd Graders welcome.
- Space in the sanctuary is reserved with hands-on activities, such as coloring and activity sheets and quite activities to occupy the children during the service before dismissal after the Children's Moment.
- There is a variety of seating options. Parents should remain nearby, but freed up to enjoy the service. The children will have plenty to occupy their interest.
Sunday School at 9:15
Children dismissed from church after Children's Moment
Sunday School is a place where children grow in their knowledge of the Bible and faith in Jesus.
- All students K - Grade 5
- Classrooms divided by age group.
- Students and families are encouraged to join us in-person for the service at 9 AM.
- At 9:15 AM after the Children's Moment, students will be dismissed to go to Sunday School.
- K - 5th grade, Grow Kids - Each month, our K-5 classrooms will be decorated for a different theme! These themes will help the lessons come to life for our students. Check out the Grow Curriculum at www.growcurriculum.org and be sure to keep an eye out for an email from Theo and Victoria detailing each month's theme. Sign up below to receive updates and emails.
About UMCL Sunday School
We utilize age appropriate, creative lessons and music that teach Christian values and God's love.
Teachers and Staff
Our teachers and staff love the Lord and love sharing Jesus with children. Teachers and staff are required to take Safe Sanctuary Training, are certified every two years, and undergo background checks.
The children enjoy activities and crafts that reinforce the Bible lessons.
A Place to Get Connected
A safe and comfortable place where the children feel loved and have the opportunity to get connected, get involved, and deepen their faith in Christ.